Do you need a Montana attorney to handle your Ancillary Probate?

If the person who died owned real estate in Montana but did not live in Montana when they died, you or your lawyer should contact Matrium Law Group to speak with a Montana lawyer about opening an ancillary probate.  Ancillary probate is a legal proceeding to distribute real property owned by a decedent in a state other than where he or she resides.   An ancillary probate must be filed in the state where the property is located.  For example, if the decedent resided in Idaho and died owning property in Montana, then typically there must be ancillary administration in Montana to transfer the property.