Avoiding Conservatorship

In the right situation, a court-appointed conservatorship can be a very good thing.  However, many people prefer to make their own decisions about who will manage their finances if they become mentally incapacitated.  If you want to avoid conservatorship, you should contact Matrium Law Group at (406) 552-7814 or fill out this form to discuss your options with a Montana estate planning attorney.  

If your loved one lives in Montana and does not have a durable financial power of attorney, and they are mentally incapacitated due to an accident (coma), illness (dementia, Alzheimer's), or another cause, you should contact Matrium Law Group at (406) 552-7814 right away so that we can start working on the proper legal documents needed to ask the court to appoint a conservator.  If the judge concludes that a conservator is necessary, he or she will appoint one - commonly the spouse, adult child, adult sibling, or other blood relative.